This holiday season don't let stress get you down. More than 4 out of 10 Americans say they are not doing enough to manage their stress and for many, the holidays bring on even more stress. Here are some tips to help:
1. Take care of yourself.
2. Engage in activities that you and your family enjoy.
3. Have realistic expectations - no holiday celebration is perfect.
4. Remember what's important and what the holiday season is really about.
5. Consider volunteering at a local charity to put things in perspective.
6. Talk about your anxiety with friends and family, but if you continue to feel overwhelmed, consider seeing a professional such as a psychologist.
Visit www.apa.org for more information.