While we all look forward to the holidays and getting to spend time with family we wouldn't normally see, it's important to keep in mind the ever changing situation with COVID-19. The CDC has recommendations for small gatherings and how to practice social distancing, as well as other tips. Here are some things to consider if you plan on hosting a small gathering:
1. Limit the number of attendees to allow for social distancing. Guests should be able to spread out at least 6 feet apart in each room setting.
2. Avoid holding gatherings in crowded, poorly ventilated spaces. Have outdoor gatherings instead of indoor gatherings if possible.
3. Require guests to wear masks.
4. Avoid contact with persons who are not in your direct household.
5. Encourage guests to wash hands frequently and especially after touching shared items or commonly touched surfaces.
For more information on how to safely host a small gathering or for precautions in attending a family member's holiday gathering, please visit the CDC's website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays.html